Relaxation Massage uses long, gliding massage strokes that are rhythmic and flowing with pressure that should be deeply relaxing but not painful. This type of massage is meant to soothe and relax you, not treat chronic pain or injuries. Relaxation massage is not “beat the muscle up until it gives in” type of massage; rather, it is more of a melting away of tension and stress.
Relaxation Massage brings about many important health benefits. As our lives get busier, we forget to take the time out we need to destress. This can have serious side effects!
Not only do we suffer physically, mentally and emotionally but so can the people around us. We don't mean it but our pressures gets the better of us sometimes and we may project this onto the people we love.
So, why do we feel selfishly guilty when we want to get a massage? Maybe because a relaxation massage is still looked at as a self indulgent EXTRA luxury. Take a look at the following health benefits a relaxation massage may bring you.
- Calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation and well being.
- Reduces tension and anxiety.
- Improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body's waste products.
- Prevents and relieves muscle cramps and spasms.